We welcome children of all ages to join us on Shabbat. We offer 3 children’s programs in 3 separate rooms beginning at 9:40am. Snacks are provided in each classroom.
Groups are arranged with the help of our Director of Children’s Programming, Jessica Schneider.
- Tot Shabbat – available to children ages crawling to 4 years old
- Children engage in free play, motor-skills games, and a fun tot service including songs and games.
- Yeladim – designed for children ages 5 through 1st grade
- Featuring songs, games & tefillah. We also read about the parsha and other stories and discuss its significance as it relates to our own lives.
- Junior Congregation, is designed for children in 2nd grade until 6th grade
- A fun, educational experience including tefillah, organized judaic games, role playing, a deep dive into the parsha, and fun.
Children’s programming ends each week by joining the community for the concluding portion of the service. All children are encouraged to help lead if comfortable.
General Rules for All Children’s Programs
We ask that all parents work together with our teachers to create a safe environment. As such, it is important to adhere to some general guidelines that will help us continue to safely provide fun, caring, and educational programs for our children.
- A parent or guardian must be in the building during the time his/her child is in a program.
- For everyone’s safety, all children must either be with their parents or in the designated classroom corresponding with their age. No child will be allowed to remain unsupervised.
- If a child is disrupting a classroom, the teacher will redirect the child and talk with her/him in an age appropriate manner. If the problem persists, the teacher will notify the parents and remove the child from the classroom when necessary.
For those interested in celebrating B’nai Mitzvah with Kol Sasson, please contact our Bnei Mitzvah Coordinator at least 6 months prior to the Bar/Bat Mitzvah to allow sufficient time to make arrangements that will maintain the integrity of the service and community.